Prefemin – Ze 440
What is PMS?
Premenstrual syndrome is a combination of physical and psychological complaints in women of reproductive age which occur in the luteal (premenstrual) phase of the menstrual cycle (up to two weeks before menstruation) and then subside with the onset of menstruation. PMS affects about one third of all women. With more than 200 symptoms it is a very complex disorder. The most prevalent symptoms are breast tenderness, abdominal complaints, headaches and skin problems, as well as mood swings, irritability, nervous tension, a depressive mood, fatigue, trouble sleeping and changes in appetite.
Prefemin – For physical and mental symptoms of PMS and to treat disturbances of the menstrual cycle
Treatment of premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cycle disorders.
Special extract Ze 440
Ze 440 is an extract from the fruits of the plant Vitex agnus-castus, L. (VAC) or chaste tree. The cultivation, harvesting, drying, storage and delivery of the herbal substance are performed in accordance with the current guideline on good agricultural and collection practice (GACP). Every batch is tested on heavy metals residues, pesticides (through cross contamination), mycotoxins and microbiological contamination.
The controlled cultivation is carried out by Zeller’s daughter company Vitaplant and takes place in various countries. Only defined varieties are used for cultivation.
Evidence based phyto-therapy – Key studies
The main effect of Ze 440 is likely to be dopamine-receptor mediated
- The N°1 treatment for PMS in Switzerland
- First and only VAC extract which fulfils the European Medicine Agency’s (EMA) requirements for «well established use» for the treatment of the premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Treatment of the whole syndrome with Ze 440 instead of symptom alleviation as with analgesics, hormones, or SSRis
- It is an effective treatment for relieving not only the physical but also the mental symptoms of PMS
- High amount of VAC extract – 20 mg per tablet
- Once-a-day mini-tablet – very good compliance
- Non-hormonal and analgesic-free Vitex agnus-castus fruit extract for the treatment of symptoms associated with PMS and disorders in the menstrual cycle.
- The concomitant use with oral contraceptives is safe and there is no evidence for a diminished contraceptive effect.
- Ze 440 is one of only few natural and evidence based medications for PMS and menstrual cycle disorders