The IWD 2020 has several missions1:
- support women in digital technology jobs and overcoming bias in artificial intelligence
- fight for equality in payment, sponsorship and visibility of women athletes
- value all women who dare to innovate, lead, and uplift others towards a more equal and inclusive workplace
- strengthen the visibility of women creatives and promote their work for commercial projects
- supporting women to make carefully considered decisions about their health
Knowledge is power, so being informed about a certain health topic can help women to feel more supported. Shared knowledge and experiences can help with overcoming health issue challenges. For example, the menopause is a major part of womanhood. Therefore, it is essential that women, whatever their age, are medically informed about the menopause and are empowered to approach it positively. Another important issue is our modern busy living, especially when managing a family and a career. A high-pressure life puts health at risk. So it is important to know the stress sources, how to cope and minimize them. Key factors for healthier women are: healthy eating, active movement, sufficient sleep and a good portion of social interactions.
So let us celebrate the IWD 2020 and start making positive and healthy changes for you and an equal world. Since an equal world is an enabled world.
1https://www.internationalwomensday.com/ (25.02.2020; 9 am)